This breakfast ticks all boxes and is a must for busy lives
Perfect for those that are:
- Trying to eat breakfast more consistently but don’t have the time
- Need a healthy office-friendly breakfast
- Need a quick and healthy breakfast for their families
- Looking for ways to get children involved in meal-prep!
Overnights oats are fool-proof easy and can be made in under 5 minutes! You can make it ahead and eat on the go with the promise of keeping bellies full for hours. All you is need one bowl and a mixing spoon!
Despite its decadent name, it’s refined sugar-free and high in protein and fibre – so it won’t spike sugar levels and will keep you going for hours.
Cacao nibs are low in sugar, high in antioxidants and minerals and deliver a rich chocolatey taste. Contrary to popular belief, they are not high in caffeine – so it’s completely safe to give to your little ones.
Maca powder is derived from maca root, also referred to as Peruvian Ginseng. Rich in vitamins and minerals it’s been traditionally used for its hormone-balancing properties. It has a nutty, earthy taste, some people liken it to caramel. We think it’s the secret ingredient to making this overnight oats taste like cookie dough… Spoon lickers will be happy with this one!
Serves two, or serves one for two breakfasts!
Feel free to double the recipe to make a serving for four that either you or your entire family can enjoy.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yoghurt
- 30g Vanilla Pro You Protein Blend (either pea or whey, your choice)
- 2 tbsp Nut Butter of your choice
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Maca Powder
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1 cup raw old fashioned or rolled oats
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Place into jars/containers and then into the fridge for overnight
Optional: Top with an extra sprinkling of cacao nibs, a dollop of nut butter or even a drizzle of honey.