PSA: Our Go-To Summer Fix Has Arrived
With Summer on the horizon we are eagerly looking forward to a plethora of smoothies, smoothie bowls and nice cream.
Two ingredients is all you need to get this nutritious yet delicious fix.
What is nice cream?
Like ice cream, but nicer. Nicer for your body, nicer for your skin and (arguably) nicer for your tastebuds.
Nice cream is a pure blend of frozen fruit – plant-based, thick, creamy and a nutritious power bomb.
High in protein, low in sugar, and perfect as a light meal or healthy snack. We find ourselves whipping it up when children (or partners) are angling for a sweet treat or even as a quick breakfast/light snack.
We promise; once you try it, it will be on repeat.
Why we love this recipe?
2 ingredients. That’s all! We don’t count water and ice because well… You know.
20 grams of protein. Perfect fuel for the body to repair, tone muscle and keep you feeling satiated.
Tips for the perfect Nice Cream
- Use frozen fruit
– Not only does this mean you can have your favourite fruit year round – it’s also the key to creating a creamy consistency
- Use little liquid
– It’s a bit hard to judge this one, but start with adding 1/4 cup at a time. If you add too much – you’ll end up with an equally delicious smoothie!
- Protein Powder
– Both Pro You Pea and Whey Protein Blends work well in this recipe. Feel free to choose either depending on what your dietary preference is.
– It’s your choice to add it or not. As the Protein Blends already contain natural sweetener, you may be fine without any. If you’re making this for wee ones – feel free to omit it; they’re sweet enough! For a sugar free option, monk fruit is a great natural option. It’s what we use in our Vanilla Protein Blends. Otherwise, honey, maple syrup and brown rice syrup are all top options.
– Since your blending frozen fruit, it’s best to use a blender with a bit of grunt. Our Nutribullet did the job just fine! We also love how easy to clean it is – a saviour for anyone who loathes sticky dishes!
Extra For Experts:
Want to add a nutritional boost? Feel free to use these if you have them on hand:
- Frozen banana (a great source of potassium)
- Chia seeds
- Coconut milk or your milk of choice instead of water
- Tasty Toppings: toasted coconut, muesli, toasted nuts and seeds
2 Ingredient Mango Protein Nice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen mango
- 30g scoop of Vanilla Pea or Whey Protein Blend
- 1/4 water (add more if needed)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender
- Blend until smooth, if it’s struggling to get going, add a splash of water at a time.
- Spoon out into a bowl